- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, juiced, strained and zested
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, cold and chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place shelf in the middle.
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and the zest of the lemon together.
- Add the butter and mix until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs and a few small peas.
- Add the juice, milk and extract. Form to a soft dough.
- Shape, roll out or use a scone pan to make 12 scones.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Yields: 12 scones
- 1 lemon, juices, strained and zested
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Mix together thoroughly.
- Drizzle onto each scone when the scones have cooled.