2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, cold and chopped
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place rack in the middle.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt and baking powder together.
- Add the butter and mix until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs with a few peas.
- Add the milk and vanilla and mix until a soft dough.
- Make 12 individual scones by using a scone pan, rolling and cutting or shaping into balls.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Yields: 12 scones
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Melt the chips in 30 second intervals, stirring between each time. Add milk. Stir until incorporated.
- Drizzle on cooled scones.