- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup caramel, chopped into pieces
- 3/4 – 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl. Add the butter until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips and caramel pieces.
- Pour milk, and vanilla extract into the dry ingredients. Mix gently. The mixture should be sticky.
- Roll out to a 1″ thickness and cut into 8 wedged shaped scone pieces. Sprinkle a little salt on to each scone.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes as the caramel will be too hot to eat.
Yields: 8 servings