- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Sift the flour into a bowl, add the sugar, salt and baking powder. Mix together.
- Add the butter and mix until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the lemon zest and the chia seeds, and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the milk and vanilla extract.
- When it comes together into a ball, make 8 large or 16 mini scones. Roll out and use cookie cutters, or use a scone pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool until warm.
- Use the powdered sugar and the lemon juice to make a glaze. Drizzle or ice each scone.
Yields: 8 large or 16 mini scones.
For my video on how to make these scones, check out YouTube.