- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- zest of 1 grapefruit, reserve 1 teaspoon for glaze
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature and cubes
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- juice from 1 grapefruit, reserve 2 tablespoons for glaze
- 1/2 cup icing sugar, for glaze
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the sugar, baking powder, salt and the zest of the grapefruit. Mix together.
- Add the butter into the dry ingredients and mix together until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the yogurt and juice, and mix until the dough forms a soft dough.
- Make 8 large scones, and place on a prepared baking sheet or scone pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove when they begin to a get a golden color. Allow to cool.
- Mix the icing sugar together with the remaining zest and juice.
- Drizzle on top of each scone.
Yields; 8 large scones
Check my video How-To at YouTube!