- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature and cubed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup crushed bacon (approximately 6 slices)
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sift flour into a bowl, and add the baking powder, salt, sugar and pepper. Mix together.
- Add the butter and mix until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the cheese, bacon and chives to the bowl, and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour the cream in and stir together until the mixture forms a soft ball.
- Shape or cut into 8 scones.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
Yields: 8 scones
Please watch my How-To Video at YouTube!