- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, room temperature
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract, optional
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- shredded coconut to decorate
- chocolate chips to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and lightly spray a scone pan or baking sheet with oil.
- Sift flour into a bowl. Add the sugar, salt and baking powder. Mix.
- Add the coconut oil and mix until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. Then, add the coconut and chocolate chips. Stir.
- Pour the milk and coconut extract, if using, into the mixture. The dough will be a large soft ball.
- Make your scones.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- When lukewarm, add the coconut milk and extract, if using, to the icing sugar. Mix until smooth.
- Spread some onto each scone, adding a few coconut flakes and chocolate chips to each scone.
Yields: 8 large scones, 16 mini scones
Watch the video at YouTube.