- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, add baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix ingredients together.
- Add the butter and mix until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- In a separate bowl, mix the beaten eggs and milk together. Remove 3 tablespoons of the mixture and save for later.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. The mixture will turn into a soft sticky bowl. Try not to overwork the dough, as it will make for a tougher scone.
- Roll the dough out onto a floured surface to 1 inch thick. Using a 2-inch biscuit cutter, cut out 20 mini scones. Place on the baking sheet and brush with the remaining egg/milk mixture.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the scones are golden brown and well-risen.
- Serve immediately with clotted cream or butter, and jam or lemon curd.
Yields: 20 mini scones
How-To Video at YouTube.