Even though it’s February, it is going to be 70 degrees F today. So, I figured I better get another cold weather scone recipe done, before I move onto Spring scones.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients, and mix to incorporate.
- Add the butter and mix until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Toss in the walnuts and mix.
- Add the applesauce, then add the milk.
- Make scones and bake for 15 minutes.
Yields: 8 large or 16 mini scones