- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons milk, if needed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a scone pan, if using, with a spray oil.
- Sift flour into a bowl. Mix the sugar, salt and baking powder with the flour.
- Add the butter to the flour mixture, and mix until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Gently toss the blackberries into the flour mixture.
- Add the yogurt and vanilla. If the mixture is too thick, add a little milk.
- Make scones and bake 15 minutes.
- Mix the powdered sugar and milk together and ice each scone.
- Serve immediately.
Yields: 8 large or 16 mini scones